If you’re a pet owner, you know how much hair and dirt builds up. With these tips, we guarantee your HVAC system will continue to run efficiently.
- Grooming your pet regularly will cut down on the amount of pollen, hair, and dander that floats through the air, clogging air filters and ducts.
- Changing your air filters about every 4 weeks is essential because of the amount of build up of pet dander, hair, and other particles that would block airflow. When airflow is blocked, your AC unit will keep running and use up too much power trying to cool down your home.
- You can clean air vents by vacuuming around them which should be done on a regular basis.
- Cleaning your home often will also cut down on the pet hair, dust and dander that would block vents and filters. Vacuum carpets and furniture as well as mopping the floors weekly.
- It is also a good idea to cover your condenser unit with a fence or train your furry friends not to go near it. Pets can find their way to it and may urinate on the unit, causing damage to the fins.
We hope these tips were helpful for keeping your HVAC system running smoothly!
Please follow and like us: