If you’ve been suffering from allergies, a stuffy nose, itchy eyes or have asthma, consider these tips to help remove irritants from your home.
- Replace wall to wall carpeting with hardwood or linoleum and use area rugs instead. Or shampoo and vacuum your carpeting weekly.
- Use vacuums with HEPA filters. These filters capture all particles 0.3 microns and larger.
- Use synthetic material for pillows and bedding instead of anything feather or wool. With curtains, make sure they’re cotton or synthetic material as well. Also make sure to wash these materials regularly.
- Keep doormats at the inside and outside of all your homes entry ways to prevent tracking in debris. Removing shoes at the door is also a great way to keep from tracking in allergens throughout your home.
- Clean the air filters in your HVAC units regularly.
- To check your homes humidity, invest in a hygrometer and test each room. If the humidity is over 60% then try a dehumidifier. High humidity will cause mold to grow.
Please follow and like us: