While space heaters can be convenient and economical, there are some safety tips you should know.
- Locate your space heater away from doorways, hallways, or any area where it may cause a tripping hazard.
- Plugging your space heater into a power strip can cause it to overheat and may result in a fire. Be sure to always plug your heater into a wall outlet with no other devices in the same outlet.
- A space heater too large for a space will waste energy, and a space heater too small for a space will also cause issues. Also look for space heaters with overheat protection.
- Always make sure to regularly clean your space heater to ensure it is working safely.
- Never leave your space heater plugged in or running while it is unattended.
- Do not use space heaters in or around a damp environment such as a bathroom and refrain from touching your space heater with damp hands.
- Do not place your space heater on unstable surfaces to avoid it tipping over.
Please follow and like us: